"" Requiem of the mind: Calm before the storm

Monday, October 03, 2005

Calm before the storm

Saturday morning around 6AM i hear a knocking on my window. I put on my house coat and look out the window. There is my brother looking at me with a grin. I sigh close the blind and get dressed. After about 5-10 minutes I go upstairs and see my brother waiting in a truck. He lets me know that he needs some help cutting wood. Im told that mom and dad are away for the so he needs help. So we get to his wood lot around 6:45-7:00 (Just to point out it is a 45 minute drive that only took around 30 minutes or less). After working in the woods for 7 hours and me being pretty ripe from not having time to shower that morning something happens. The truck gets stuck in the woods. We spend sometime trying to get it out (most of the time is me behind the truck getting covered in mud. We give up and start walking to my parents. This takes about an hour and a half. We get there to see my parents are still gone and we dont know where the key is to the garage to get the tractor out. So after sometime spenting cleaning up (i still had muddy clothes to wear but i was clean...until i put the clothes on again). I go outside to see my brother's feet dangling from the window to the garage. I grumble and race out to see how hes doing. I just want to point out here that I didnt check the garage before hand and took my brothers word that it was locked. So once i get there i help him go through the window and unlock the door. Before he locks it he starts to laugh and tells me while the door to the garage was locked the big front door (where we drive the tractor out) was indeed unlocked. So after a bit of swearing on my part we hope onto the tractor and ride out to his place. So its now about 5:30ish. We get the truck tied to the tractor and we get it out without much problem. We clean it off and i drive the truck to the house and my brother takes the tractor back. We then race back to town (i got here about 6:15-6:30ish). I take another shower and contemplate going to bed (because of how tired i am) or to go meet my friends. I decide to meet my friends and we watch shows for the rest of the night. To which id like to point out i did not fall asleep (which surprises me).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home