"" Requiem of the mind: The last few days.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

The last few days.

Friday Jordan Stefan Nathan and myself got together for another action pack session of X-Men Legends. When we first started playing this game I really wanted to be Rogue. Now as we play the
game she is my least favorite character by far. My new favorite is Jean Grey. Maybe this is because she is a red head but more likly it is because she can throw things around with her mind. Which is awesome. She has this AoE(area of Effect) ability that does damage to things around her. Now I don't use this power often. Not because its not a good ability but the way I look at it is. If 2 people are coming at me i can pick on up and throw it at the other person, knocking them both back and dealing some nice damage to them at the same time. While in the astral world ( i forget the x-men name for this place) however the AoE ability she has does double damage to the creatures there, so i just run up to them and spam the hell out of it and kill them in 2 hits (maybe 3). We did a mission in the danger room there and i was just tearing the guys apart left and right it was awesome. Cyclops is my other character who for reasons unknown tries to hide who he is by dating Jean Grey. He is a serious powerhouse (no wolverine or colossus but still) and can do crazy eye beam damage all over the place. He has great crowd control with his knockback and his leadership ability just adds more damage to combo's which is nice (oh and it stacks with Storm's leadership). So that was friday.... Oh Jordan and I took a trip to the blue canoe and had a windmill platter. This is a breakfast plate that comes with Bacon, Ham, Sausage, Balogna (sp?) hashbrowns, 2 eggs, 2 full peices of toast and a pancake. We didnt finish it. I blame this on the milkshake I had to drink while enjoying the meal.

Saturday was a day like any other saturday. I got up. Did some homework. Screamed about the homework i was doing (after i vent im usually good to finish the work and carry on). Went to anime here on campus then went to Jordans for our "extra douse of anime". We finished the first season of Initial D (which i slept through most of the last few episodes). I do feel bad that my snoring was interupting the flow of the show but i was tired and knew i wasnt going to get much sleep when i got home ( i will talk about this later). So with that finished The Twins Stefan and myself jump into Stefan's vechicle (i dont know if its a cross between a car and a van or what) and headed home. I think i got home around 3:00-3:30. I check my email and I think i posted a comment on my comment board set my alarm for 9 then went to bed.

I awake to hear my brother banging on the window. He has decided to show up an hour earlier then he told me. I told him to give me 10 minutes to get ready and he said he would be back in 10. 20 minutes of waiting in the driveway later ( i was ready in 10 minutes) my brother returns. I get into the car and she that while i was getting ready for the day he has taken my neice to McDonalds for breakfast. Great no breakfast for me (Since I haven't stated this before I'm going to do so now. My brother wanted company on the drive to Halifax so I decided to go with him. This being said i still had 3 assignments to get done, 2 for monday and one for today). We are starting to get close to an Irvine and i suggest we stop since i havnt had breakfast. I run in and get a coffee and some sort of rib sandwhich (with a chunk of cheese on top). The place had a big line up for cashier even though there was 2 other spots that could have been openned and 2 of the other works were just chatting behind the desk. I pay and leave angry. Not much to say about the drive down except for stopping to change my neice twice and hearing my brother telling me horrible stories about the time he drove to Toronto and New York.... I never want to drive outside of New Brinswick. We arrived in Halifax in record time (Mostly due to the fact of going 140+ the whole way there). I got to see the IWK and Dal while we were there. We dropped my neice off and left the city. We drove for 3 hours and 30 minutes just to be in Halifax for 10 minutes. Great trip! Again nothing much happened on the way back. I drove for an hour as my brother was tired then we stopped at another Irvine gassed up and finished our trip. Right before I got to my brother's place we stopped for some beer. I got some new Alexander Keith's Red Amber (which is good i might add) and he got some Labatt's. I stopped in at my brothers for a bit and saw his new cat Bowser (explained before in a previous entry). He offered me a beer and i said no im driving home and off i was again. Luckily for me i was able to get home before 7:30 and got my assignments all done and was able to watch Simpsons,King of the hill, Family guy and American dad. Well that was my weekend.

Yesterday i found John finally started playing Final Fantasy 11. I told him like a year ago if he ever started playing it i would play with him. I go to install my game and low and behold just as Nathan said the code had expired after 3 monthes of not being used. I ponder on how a company can run a game like this then remember its all about money. Since i was going to wal-mart anyways for a thermos and a coffee mug i picked up a new copy of ff11 it cost me 40 dollars. I was a little angry about it at first then realized that i get a month free and it comes with both expasions so in reality all im paying is an extra 8 bucks for a new code. Which isnt to bad (atleast for me). The next trial was trying to update the damn game. After 3 tries of doing this i was finally able to start patching my game. It took 10 hours. 10 HOURS. My internet connection was screwy for awhile we will probably need to call them up and get them to take a look at it. I finally was able to log on today and try to get onto John's server. Luckily it only took 5 tries to get a character created in the right server as him. If you create a character and delete it each time you make a new one its on a different server so i was able to play the system to get to the right server. Go me! I made a male Tarutaru black mage. This guy is a creature that is about 2 1/2 - 3 feet tall with pointed eats and a dogs nose. They are the best magic user race in the game so i went with it. Now to find some time when i can play at the same time as John.

In closing im in that nice new lab they openend on campus (which use to be a lab for java then an open lab for everyone only to be a closed lab again). I first thought it was a UNIX lab but it turned out to be a 50% unix 50% window lab. So yeah.

What im listening to now. The sound of my fingers hitting the keys on the keyboard (for the 30 minutes it took to write this).

2 Comments:

At 3:51 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

Jokes about Cyclops' homosexuality are so better when you remember that John is Cyclops. :-)

 
At 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no, you didn't buy another copy of FFXI, did you? Don't encourage them!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home